Oh hey, friends! Is it me, or does January feel like the longest month ever! I am here today to gently nudge us into February, one of my favorite months! Not only is this my and the hub’s birthday month, but to me, it is a month all about showing the love! Saving Valentine’s Day for just couples is so last decade, lol. (get that, it’s a new decade.)
Ok, I may need to work on my humor, but I do know that Valentine’s is the perfect time to tell anyone you love how much they mean to you. And just recently, I had the opportunity to do just that!
My girlfriends Cam, Carly and I had the opportunity to have our own little Galentine’s Party. It was so much fun, and I made my fool proof One-pot lemon basil pasta, always a huge hit!
Carly was in charge of libations, and this strawberry rosewater bellini did not disappoint!
Here’s the recipe for my pasta. I am telling you it is insanely good, and so easy!
One Pot Lemon Basil Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ Tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano reserve ¼ C for garnish
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 handful basil chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup pasta water
- salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook spaghetti until al dente (about 7 minutes).
- Drain pasta and set aside. Don't forget to reserve your pasta water.
- In the same large pot over medium heat add olive oil, butter, garlic and red pepper flakes for about 3 minutes. This lets the garlic and red pepper really infuse into the oil.
- Add lemon juice, pasta water, and cream and bring to a low boil for about 2 minutes,
- Reduce heat to low and add ¾ cup of Parmigiano Reggiano and lemon zest to sauce.
- Remove pot from heat and add spaghetti and let it absorb the sauce for a few minutes.
- Garnish with basil, parsley, and remaining cheese.
You must let me know when you try it!