Oh hey, friends! Is it me, or does January feel like the longest month ever! I am here today to gently nudge us into February, one of my favorite months! Not only is this my and the hub’s birthday month, but to me, it is a month all about showing the love! Saving Valentine’s Day for just couples is so last decade, lol. (get that, it’s a new decade.)
Ok, I may need to work on my humor, but I do know that Valentine’s is the perfect time to tell anyone you love how much they mean to you. And just recently, I had the opportunity to do just that!
My girlfriends Cam, Carly and I had the opportunity to have our own little Galentine’s Party. It was so much fun, and I made my fool proof One-pot lemon basil pasta, always a huge hit!
Carly was in charge of libations, and this strawberry rosewater bellini did not disappoint!
There is always room for dessert, right! Cam killed it with this busy mom’s treat board! You can also try these ridiculously indulgent treats!
Here’s the recipe for my pasta. I am telling you it is insanely good, and so easy!
One Pot Lemon Basil Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ Tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano reserve ¼ C for garnish
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 handful basil chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup pasta water
- salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook spaghetti until al dente (about 7 minutes).
- Drain pasta and set aside. Don't forget to reserve your pasta water.
- In the same large pot over medium heat add olive oil, butter, garlic and red pepper flakes for about 3 minutes. This lets the garlic and red pepper really infuse into the oil.
- Add lemon juice, pasta water, and cream and bring to a low boil for about 2 minutes,
- Reduce heat to low and add ¾ cup of Parmigiano Reggiano and lemon zest to sauce.
- Remove pot from heat and add spaghetti and let it absorb the sauce for a few minutes.
- Garnish with basil, parsley, and remaining cheese.
You must let me know when you try it!