Hey friend, happy Hump Day! Real talk here: What is the likelihood of finding a babysitter on Valentine’s day? I’d say about as high as the likelihood of my children letting me sleep past 6 on a Saturday. It ain’t happening!
As a result, we have learned to embrace Valentine’s Day as a family holiday. Valentine’s to us is an opportunity to share our love for one another as a family.
Below is a family friendly recipe you can make with the kiddos, and a super fun dessert that is always a huge hit in our house. (Full disclosure, it is basically me taking these heart shaped cookie cutters to a regular dinner!)
Dinner: Sheet Pan Chicken with roasted heart shaped root vegetables, and heart shaped garden salad.
Sheet Pan Love Chicken
- sheet pan, heart-shaped cookie cutter,
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 russet potatoes
- Avocado oil spray
- 3 large Beets
- 3 cloves garlic
- Pre heat oven to 375, and wash potatoes and beets
- Slice potato in half width wise, then place large round end on cutting board and cut into ¼inch slices then use the cookie cutter to cut our heart shaped pieces.
- Slice beet in ¼inch slices and cut out heart shapes (be careful, the beets are messy and can stain!)
- Place chicken thighs, beets and potatoes on a sheet pan and coat lightly with avocado oil spray.
- Season chicken and vegetables with a hearty shake of sweet paprika and salt.
- bake at 375 for 35 minutes and enjoy!
Dessert: Family Fondue: For dessert we made fondue. We used chocolate melting wafers and we used fresh strawberries, marshmallows, and heart shaped pound, using the cookie cutter! How adorable is this fondue pot I found on Amazon?!? Still want more sweet treats? Try these guys!
I hope this takes some of the guess work out of your Valentines Day!
Be Bold! Xo,