This past weekend my husband and I escaped the madness of karate, baseball, and birthdays parties for a little party time of our own in Las Vegas. We planned the trip with another couple under the rouse of attending the PAC 12 Basketball Tournament. Really all
we I wanted to do was sleep, eat, and shop.
I want to share with you what I’ve learned about Vegas in this post bachelorette party era.
- It will take a day or two to get over what our friend Tom termed as “Kid Lag.” Similar to Jet Lag, this is the day or two it takes to catch up on sleep and not expect a child to be standing over you at 5:30 in the morning asking for milk.
- Invest in an upscale, quiet hotel. It is worth the extra money to not be stepping over barf in the hallways, or stinking like cigarette smoke for 3 days.
- You are too old for Pool Parties, and dresses that barely cover your Vajay Jay. Yes, even in Vegas one over 30 must maintain a touch of class. Now don’t confuse slutty and sexy. Just know what you can and can’t show anymore.
3. Wear something easy and comfortable during the day that’s versatile but still cute.
4. Eat well. Do not waste calories on crap you can eat at home. There are endless amazing dining options in Las Vegas to choose from.
Spend you calories on this!!!!
5. I am WAY, WAY too old for the clubs (although being able to use my zexiness to get free tickets was a much needed ego boost).
I missed my little munchkins though. I constantly complain about needing to get away from those two little trolls, but as soon as I do, I miss them like CRAZY.
As for how they behaved while we were gone?
All I know is that after the babysitter picked us up from the airpot, and brought us to the house, she had already packed her bag and made a bee line for her car before we even walked in the door…
Until next time.
Love the post/photos, everything and you made me laugh which I totally needed-YES you must go and maintain some class in your 30’s, I’m so over club club, “let’s do it up and come back to the room at 4 am and start going again the next day” NOT and yeah NO pool party madness, and investing in a nice quiet hotel is so important-wouldn’t do the ick factor(a friend took me gosh I must have been 24 so ten yrs ago, and on the way oh great hotel that I got two of our three nights FREE , oh my gosh Betsy, And having an outfit that is cool, not in the normal meaning but keeps you cool, and covered up YES, even if I was in perfect shape that’s not my thing..Loved the daytime wear and you looked beautiful in your evening look!!! Glad you and your hubby got to get away! Haven’t been in forever because of the back stuff but I would like to go and enjoy the restaurants, shopping, spa etc. Great post, I shared with my twitter followers, love! Thanks for encouraging me with my blog, (just started an instagram (since that’s the makeup beauty “thing” but am active a lot on Pint/Twitter, just started a G+, oh I was going to say you could also get a Pinterest widget, if you wanted too 🙂 Sounds like you have a great sitter/nanny-which makes everything a LOT easier. But people who have Pinterest can use the Pin it P on the right up her hand corner so no biggie either way. XO, Souhaila
Clicked over to your blog from Gina’s page mostly because your comment was hilarious. I pretty much never comment on blogs (even when I read them all the time…) but I just read a bunch of your posts and they 1. made me laugh and 2. were super relatable! Thanks for keeping it real! 🙂
Thank you so much! That really means the world to me! I hope you keep reading!